VAGABOND M A T T E R
A B O U T
An athletic and visually stunning circus and visual theatre production, for outdoor programming. Vagabond Matter explores the snowballing of scientific knowledge, and its effect our perceived reality. A joyride through current scientific understanding, told through contemporary circus and cinematic, sci-fi- inspired, design.
We perceive reality from a specific, human centred perspective, defined by our five calibrated senses. Drawing on Cosmology and Theoretical Physics, Vagabond Matter will step outside this middle world, using theatre as a lens through which to glimpse the true scale and beauty of the unseen worlds that surround us. Under our feet, inside our own bodies, and above our heads.
The micro to the macro.
Available for UK and International outdoor touring from April 2018, we are currently seeking co-commissions and bookings.
K E Y I N F O R M A T I O N
- Suitable to stand-alone, or as an opening/ closing show.
- Modular in format, a series of 6 - 8 thematically connected pieces of up to 10 minutes each.
- Full show: 6 - 8 episodes. After-dark programming. 45 - 60 min tbc
- ‘Lite’ version: 2 - 3 episodes. Daytime programming. 15 – 20 min tbc.
- For full show bookings, we anticipate the lite version will be presented in the daytime, followed by the full show after-dark.
- Staged within and on top of a large Perspex cube of ~ 3.5m x ~ 3.5m.
- Cube mounted on ~ 2m platform, allowing sightlines for large audiences.
- Standing, 3 or 4 sides TBD, allowing high audience numbers (est1k – 2k).
- All lighting / projection equipment provided by Acrojou.
- Tech req: space, 4-point PA, stewards, security, electricity.
- Separate day get in and on-site rehearsal.